Bishop Allan Klayee, the chairman of the board of directors of church based football club, Jubilee FC, has announced the appointment of businessman George Kailando, as its new president.Bishop Klayee said Mr. Kailondo’s appointment is intended to commercialize Jubilee FC. He rejected reports that the businessman has bought a share in the team.“The board of directors said after series of meetings with Mr. Kailando, a football lover and neighbor to the Jubilee Church resolved to appoint him as president,” Bishop Klayee said.Bishop Klayee said the team was founded in 2006 to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to its members.“Since its establishment, over 500 persons have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and we will continue to use the game to win souls,” Bishop Klayee noted.Besides being a business man Mr. Kailando is also a politician and Attorney-at-law. He is the co-sponsor of the ongoing President’s Cup, which cost about US$33,000.Bishop Klayee is the founder and chief executive officer of Jubilee FC, formerly Paynesville Young Controller (PYC).Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Even though a good part of Ohio has seen some rain recently, there are some parts that haven’t seen a drop in weeks. That may have some farmers wanted to plant a little deeper to try to get that seed to some moisture a little further in the dirt. In this week’s DuPont Pioneer Field Report, Territory Manager Matthew Stroud gives this thoughts on that theory and also shares with the Ohio Ag Net’s Ty Higgins how far along some southern Ohio wheat fields are for this time of year.
Several trade unions on Wednesday expressed solidarity with contractual workers of Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India (HMSI) Private Limited on the second day of their protest against the dismissal of over 200 workers.The company, meanwhile, announced to shut “B” and “C” shifts at its Manesar Sector 3 plant from Thursday saying that it was difficult to run all three shifts due to the protest. Shift “C” remained shut on Wednesday as well.Intervention soughtCentre of Indian Trade Union (Haryana) president Satvir Singh told The Hindu that the Trade Union Council (TUC), a conglomeration of all trade unions in Gurugram and Rewari, had submitted a memorandum to Gurugram Deputy Commissioner Amit Khatri seeking his intervention for an amicable solution. The memorandum warned that the situation could escalate and disturb peace in other companies as well.Besides Mr. Singh, All-India Trade Union Congress Haryana deputy general secretary Anil Panwar; Maruti Udhyog Kamgaar Union general secretary Kuldeep Janghu; and Hind Majdoor Sabha Gurugram secretary V.S. Yadav, were also part of the delegation.Extending support to the Honda workers, Bellsonica Auto Component India Employees Union vice-president Ajit Singh said that more than 75,000 workers were rendered jobless in Gurugram industrial area alone on the pretext of economic slowdown. He alleged that it was a conspiracy hatched by big industrialists in collusion with the government to lay-off permanent workers and hire labour at cheaper rates in violation of the labour laws.Later, the members of the TUC along with several hundreds of workers from different automotive companies, including Maruti Suzuki, Napino, Munjal and Shivam Autos, gathered outside the Manesar plant of Honda to express solidarity with the protesting workers. While around 2,000 contractual workers are on a continuous dharna inside the plant since Tuesday hampering production, the affected workers are holding a simultaneous sit-in outside company premises. The plant has around 1,800 permanent workers and 2,500 contractual workers.HMIS Employees’ Union president Suresh Gaur said talks with the management had been inconclusive since the company was not willing to take back the sacked workers.Deputy Labour Commissioner Ajay Pal said the contractor had offered to settle the legal dues of the dismissed workers or help them secure jobs elsewhere or asked them to wait for the market situation to improve as part of solution, but the workers rejected all the three offers and instead sought compensation over and above their legal dues. “Since the contractual workers don’t have an elected leader, they have been told to discuss among themselves and come up with the mutually agreed compensation amount. The talks would continue on Thursday,” said Mr. Pal.
zoom The Australian Government has reached an AUD 39.3 million (USD 29.6 million) out of court settlement with the owners of a Chinese coal carrier that ran aground in April 2010 causing direct impact on the Great Barrier Reef.For more than six years, the China-based shipowner Shenzhen Energy Transport, and its insurer “refused to accept their responsibility” for restitution after the 225-metre long, fully laden Shen Neng 1 ran aground 100 kilometres east of Rockhampton at Douglas Shoal.“Our ongoing actions to pursue funds to clean-up the pollution sends an unambiguous signal that damage to the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area is unacceptable, and that we will use every available means to pursue ship owners who are negligent in causing damage to the Reef,” Australia’s Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, said.The funds, sufficient for the clean-up, will allow the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority to initiate field operations to remove toxic anti-fouling paint and rubble, which will enable the restoration of the natural ecological processes of the reef.The anti-fouling paint at Douglas Shoal contains a highly toxic component known as tributyltin (TBT), which is now banned from use. The paint also contains copper and zinc.The authorities estimated that the impacts to marine life on the seafloor could potentially last for many decades if the toxic anti-fouling paint remains in place.Logistical planning for the clean-up has already begun, however due to the deep nature of Douglas Shoal and its exposure to strong tidal currents, work can only safely take place at certain times of the year. Allowing for seasonal weather, the clean-up operation will begin in mid-2017.The terms of settlement mean AUD 35 million will be paid to the Commonwealth for the cost of removing polluted rubble while a further AUD 4.3 million will be paid to cover costs incurred by the Australian Government in the immediate aftermath of the grounding.It was estimated that the grounding caused damages to an area covering 0.4 square kilometres at Douglas Shoal, of which 115,000 square metres “were severely damaged or destroyed,” the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority earlier said, adding that the incident also left toxic anti-fouling paint on the reef and on substantial areas of loose coral rubble created by the grounding.