Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
The Dutch Pensions Federation will have to make several of its employees redundant after cost-cutting efforts failed to achieve the results it hoped for. In its annual report, the Federation recorded a funding gap of 6%, citing falling revenues due to the declining number of pension funds in the Netherlands.It said a reorganisation set in motion last year had failed to rein in staff expenses.“Therefore,” it said, “the process will continue into 2015.” A spokesman for the industry organisation declined to specify how many jobs would be at stake.Last year, the Pensions Federation spent €230,000 to “streamline” its organisation.In its annual report, it said it was unable to estimate how much more it would spend on further reorganisation this year. It reported revenues of €5.9m last year, when the number of affiliated pension funds dropped from 258 to 240.However, membership fees fell at a lower rate, as the contribution level is based on assets under management, which has not decreased over the period.The Federation said it was also investigating whether its members needed guidance for their remuneration policy for board members, pensions providers and asset managers.
The Port of Roenne also welcomed Danish government’s proposal to promote the new Power-to-X technologies, which transform renewable energy into hydrogen, that can be further refined to fossil-free fuels. Port of Roenne has welcomed Danish government’s plan to make the island of Bornholm in the Baltic Sea an energy island, facilitating the connection of 2 GW of offshore wind capacity. The port has been selected as the pre-assembly port for Siemens Gamesa’s wind turbines for the 600 MW Kriegers Flak offshore wind farm, as well as for MHI Vestas wind turbines for the 257 MW Arcadis Ost 1 offshore wind farm. “We are pleased that Bornholm has been appointed by the Government to become an energy island, that a 2 GW offshore wind farm is proposed to be located next to Bornholm and the Baltic Sea-region is given political priority, so the climate- and energy ambitions now also apply to the eastern part of Denmark and the regions in the Baltic Sea. This means, that all of Denmark will enjoy the effects of employment and local growth, which comes as a result of the construction of offshore wind farms in Denmark”, said Thomas Bendtsen, CEO of Port of Roenne. “This proposal can have a great impact on the transport sector and the maritime industry at a whole. For example the Government could choose to integrate the green PtX-solutions as part of the community-based ferry services on Bornholm. It will undoubtedly have a great and beneficial effect on the environment. If this could be connected to research and testing facilities for further development and qualification of the PtX-technologies, then Denmark could seriously become the first mover [in] this area”, Bendtsen said. In 2018, the Port of Roenne started making upgrades to accommodate the offshore wind industry. The first phase of the port upgrades, completed in 2019, includes a 150,000-square-meter expansion, increase of the water depth to 11 meters, new external wave breaker, 300-meter-long multi-purpose terminal, and a heavy duty Ro-Ro rental.
Lachica was detained in the lockup facility ofthe Victorias City police station. Police officers served the warrant issued byJudge Dyna Doll Chiongson-Trocio of the Regional Trial Court Branch 40 in SilayCity, Negros Occidental dated Oct. 14, 2013. The court recommended no bail bond for histemporary liberty./PN The 23-year-old resident Jimmy Eva Lachica –who had been hiding from the police for about six years – was caught on thestrength of an arrest warrant around 10:45 a.m. on Sept. 12, a police reportshowed. BACOLOD City – Police arrested a murdersuspect in Barangay 13, Victorias City, Negros Occidental.
Roberto Di Matteo played down the significance of Chelsea’s controversial second goal in their FA Cup semi-final victory over rivals Tottenham.Juan Mata’s effort was adjudged to have crossed the line when it did not, leaving Spurs to ponder what might have been – despite the Blues scoring three more goals to win 5-1 and set up a return to Wembley to face Liverpool in the final.Mata’s goal was allowed to stand.Interim boss Di Matteo insisted his team deserved their triumph and also pointed to refereeing decisions that have gone against them in the past.AdChoices广告“Apparently it didn’t [cross the line], so we were lucky. But many times before we’ve had decisions go against us,” he said.“We believed we should have had a penalty in the league game against them with Ramires. Sometimes you get decisions and sometimes you don’t.“We scored not two goals but five, so I’m not sure how much difference it would have made.”Meanwhile, Chelsea have condemned the actions of Blues fans who did not respect a pre-match silence held as a mark of respect to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster.Chelsea released a statement saying the club was “extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honouring the moment’s silence.”Click here for the Chelsea v Tottenham quizSee also: Chelsea v Tottenham: Player ratingsControversial Mata goal helps Blues thrash Tottenham Di Matteo confrms Luiz is a doubt for Barcelona clashFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on May 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm Contact Ryne: email@example.com After Syracuse defeated Long Beach State on Friday, head coach Leigh Ross relived the Orange’s previous two trips to the NCAA tournament with her team.She told her players they were just happy to be in the tournament in 2010. And Ross said one win in the regionals last year was enough to satisfy them.But on Friday, she addressed a different Syracuse team.‘This year we’ve had the different mentality from the get-go,’ Ross said in a phone interview. ‘Our mentality is that we want to be playing on May 31. We want to be in the College World Series and sometimes it takes a little luck but I’ll tell you what, any single day, you never know what can happen.’With the experience of its last two NCAA tournament appearances, Syracuse (41-14) came away with a 4-2 win over Long Beach State (28-24) in the opening game of the Tempe regional in Arizona on Friday. The Orange advanced to the winner’s bracket behind a two-run, inside-the-park home run from Lisaira Daniels.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse will play Saturday at 4 p.m. against No. 3 Arizona State (47-7), who defeated Long Island Brooklyn (25-34) 9-0 in five innings in the second game on Friday.Ross knew coming into the regional that her team would need to get past the host Sun Devils to move one step closer to the College World Series.‘I think we came in here thinking if we can get by Long Beach State then we have a good shot at ASU that next day,’ Ross said, ‘get a good rest and then have a good shot at them that next day and see what happens from there.’Before Ross and the Orange could turn their focus to the possibility of a matchup with ASU, though, they had to beat the 49ers.Syracuse jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first two innings and held that advantage through three frames as starting pitcher Stacy Kuwik shut down the LBSU lineup. But Kuwik ran into trouble in the fourth inning and the 49ers evened the score 2-2 on a double down the right-field line by Leilani Tupua-Tautalatasi.That’s when Ross noticed the transformation in her program from a year ago to Friday.The Orange didn’t panic and quickly retook control of the game on Daniels two-out home run to the right-center field gap. The LBSU outfield struggled to get the ball back to the infield and Daniels cruised around the bases and dove for home plate to give the Orange a 4-2 lead heading into the final three innings.From there, SU ace Jenna Caira pitched three scoreless innings and Syracuse moved on to the winner’s bracket.Ross said her team just has to take the same approach it did Friday to pick up another win against the Sun Devils.‘It’s a matter of just being patient and playing your game, not panicking and just being patient throughout the game and hope you get that lucky hit, that big hit when we need it,’ Ross firstname.lastname@example.org Comments
Class of 2016 Syracuse target Christian Colon decommitted from Penn State on Thursday according to multiple media reports. The Independence (North Carolina) High School defensive tackle originally included the Orange in his top five in May.Per Scout.com, Pittsburgh, Maryland, Miami and UCLA have continued to recruit him since he chose Penn State in June and he will likely take official visits to each of those schools.Colon is ranked with three stars by 247Sports.com’s composite rankings and as the 54th-best defensive tackle in the class. He’s also listed at 6 feet 3 inches and 325 pounds. Through six games this year, Colon has 21 total tackles, according to MaxPreps.com. As a junior, Colon had 74 total tackles in 11 games, per MaxPreps.Colon played his freshman season at SouthLake Christian (North Carolina) Academy and was teammates with former Syracuse Class of 2016 running back commit Robert Washington. Washington, though, decommitted from SU on Aug. 30. Comments AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Related Stories Syracuse football recruiting: 3-star defensive tackle Christian Colon lists Syracuse in top 5 schools Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on October 23, 2015 at 11:03 am Contact Paul: email@example.com | @pschweds
Everton is also in negotiations to sign Malaga’s Spain under-21 striker Sandro Ramirez for a fee of 5.2 million pounds and have been linked with a possible move for former player Wayne Rooney.The clubâ€™s spending has outstripped city rivals Liverpool, who has so far paid 37 million pounds for Mo Salah, and every other club across the continent, although the picture may change as bigger clubs tie down summer deals.Everton was given the moneybags sobriquet, originally coined for Sunderland in the 1950s, when they were backed by funds from the Littlewoods Catalogue Empire in the 1960s, investment that led to the club winning the title in 1970.Everton’s latest splurge in the transfer market comes on the back of a 19 million pounds net spend in January.The cash outlay reflects both their improved finances since the arrival of co-owner Farhad Moshiri, the Iranian billionaire who bought a 49.9 percent stake last year, and the possible departure of striker Romelu Lukaku, who is expected to join either Chelsea or Manchester United for a fee of up to 100 million pounds.Broadcaster Sky Sports reported that Keane, 24, underwent a medical at Everton’s Finch Farm training centre yesterday following three successful seasons at Burnley, who he joined from boyhood club Manchester United.The centre half had been linked with a possible return to Old Trafford before United signed Victor Lindelof from Benfica.Strong in the tackle with a good positional sense, Keane won two caps for England last season when he was shortlisted for the Professional Football Association Young Player of the Year award.In May, Everton manager Ronald Koeman said the club intended to invest over the summer with the intention of reaching the Champions League for the first time since the 2005-06 season.“We have a very powerful and exciting project, and we’re going to strengthen as best as possible to try and reach the Champions League next season,” Koeman said.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Everton, once known as England’s Bank of England club, is returning to its high-spending ways by becoming Europe’s heaviest spenders in the transfer window.The Toffees were expected to pay 24 million pounds ($31 million) for Burnley centre half Michael Keane yesterday to take their overall investment to 80 million pounds this transfer window as they attempt to build a side capable of breaking into the Premier League’s top four next season.Other arrivals include Ajax midfielder Davy Klaassen (23 million pounds), Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford (25 million pounds) and Henry Onyekuru (6.8 million pounds), the Eupen striker who was immediately loaned out to another Belgian side Anderlecht.
CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUELobi will be seeking redemption when they file out against Wydad Casablanca in the 2018/19 CAF Champions League Group A match at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium in Morocco tonight.After registering their second defeat in the group stage at home in Nigeria, the Makurdi team needs a miracle to survive the Moroccans. That defeat in Enugu a fortnight ago left the Nigerian representatives floundering in the fourth place on the table – three points behind second-placed Wydad with three games left.However, Lobi Coach, Solomon Ogbeide, remains hopeful that his side can secure a win in Morocco, which would boost their chances of reaching the knockout stages.“We are disappointed in the result, but this does not mean we are out of the competition,” Ogbeide remarked.“We still have three more games in the group stage, though we will be going to play away in two of those, but we are confident we can get results away from home despite how difficult people may think it is.”The Moroccan side recorded their second win in Group A when they overcame Lobi 1-0 away in Enugu earlier this month.As a result, Wydad is second on the group standings and they are only behind leaders Mamelodi Sundowns on goal-difference.Wydad Captain Brahim Nekkach is happy with how the team performed during their 1-0 win over Olympic Safi in the Moroccan Botola League match last week.“First of all, I would like to thank my teammates for their great fighting spirit against a Safi team which is known for its defensive efficiency,” Nekkach said on Le Matin.“Now we have to focus on our next match in the Champions League against Lobi Stars.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisAlpena, Mich— It’s tax season and that means it’s time to make preparations. Starting February 7th AARP volunteers will be hands on at the Alpena Senior Center for those who need help with filing their taxes. Volunteers will be at the center every Thursday from 9 am until 2:45 pm until March 28th. To make an appointment contact the Alpena Senior Center at 989–356–3585.Items Needed:Picture IDSocial Security Card2017 Tax ReturnHeat Bills from 2018Documentation for all incomeMedical Supplemental Insurance PapersSummer and Winter Property Tax Statements-2018Educational Scholarships and expense receiptsMisc. Expenses: Mortagage-1095 A, B, C, or Marketplace exemption letterActual Check for Direct Deposit Information AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Alpena Senior Center adding new program: ‘Hopeful Journey’Next Scouts travel from all over the state of Michigan to Alpena for weekend fun of Science