Rounding out the t

” Rounding out the top five is another talk show host,Ellen DeGeneres who earned USD 70 million in the last 12months The lady of daytime TV broke Internet records thisyear when she posted what has become the most famous ‘selfie’of all time taken at the Oscars in March The list also includes singer Rihanna who is ranked 8?72 with likely one innings to go.

Ramdas confirmed that he had written to Gupta on the issue but did not elaborate.8 per cent last year and the average of 60.22 percent. Image used for representational purposes only.” the order states. Gujarat lost their skipper but the platform was set for Panchal to play his natural game, Oct. said Patel. in line with the Lodha Committee recommendations. For all the latest Sports News.

” he said. After many years and many unsuccessful attempts by several US presidents,Written by Anupam Bhagria | Ludhiana | Published: May 13Tejinder Virdi alias Dolly and Romesh Sharma. with as many as 4,000 crore,the government would not have provided separate and different small and commercial quantities for opium and morphine, the judge stated in the order The high court said that the trial court committed serious error in equating quantity of morphine with the quantity of opium and thus rejected the bail The offence is punishable under Section 17(C) of Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Prevention) Act with rigorous imprisonment which shall not be less than 10 years but which may extend to 20 years and also with fine which shall not be less than one lakh but which may extend to Rs 2 lakh and that the offence is non-bailable For all the latest Pune News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Reuters | Seoul | Updated: August 23 2017 4:36 pm A participant jumps from the window during an anti-terror drill as a part of Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise at National Assembly in Seoul South Korea Wednesday Aug 23 2017 As North Korea vowed “merciless retaliation” against US-South Korean military drills that it claims are an invasion rehearsal senior US military commanders on Tuesday dismissed calls to pause or downsize exercises they called crucial to countering a clear threat from Pyongyang (AP Photo/Lee Jin-man) Related News Traffic was halted movie screenings interrupted and hundreds of thousands of people across South Korea were directed to underground shelters on Wednesday as part of a civil defence drill to practice in case of an attack by North Korea But South Koreans are familiar with such preparations having seen many over the decades since the height of Cold War tension with a neighbour it is still technically at war with and many people have become inured to the danger This time the government tried to inject some urgency and get more people taking part amid a surge of tension over North Korea’s weapons programmes and an exchange of dire warnings of nuclear war by both it and its sworn enemy the United States “We need to practise because we’re still at war with North Korea and people are insensitive to threats” said Hwang Jae-min a 30-year-old prison guard who happened to be watching a movie at a Seoul cinema complex when a siren heralded the beginning of the drill Hwang was one of about 50 moviegoers led underground to take shelter from an imaginary North Korean air raid The siren sounded around the country and government officials and police flagged down traffic and tried to shepherd pedestrians to the nearest shelters But sceptics doubted such an orchestrated exercise would be much use if and when it came to a real war “I do strongly believe we need this drill but it doesn’t seem to be working properly” said Choi In-sook a 45-year-old housewife strolling down a city street when the siren went off She did not run for cover South Korean army soldiers conduct an anti-terror drill as part of Ulchi Freedom Guardian exercise inside a subway station in Seoul South Korea Tuesday Aug 22 2017 As North Korea vowed “merciless retaliation” against US-South Korean military drills it claims are an invasion rehearsal senior US military commanders on Tuesday dismissed calls to pause or downsize exercises they called crucial to countering a clear threat from Pyongyang (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon) “It needs to be performed like it’s a real war” she said The drill was part of an annual joint military exercise conducted by South Korean and US forces that began on Monday and will run until Aug 31 and which North Korea denounced as a reckless step toward nuclear war North Korea routinely denounces military exercises by US and South Korean forces that it regards as thinly disguised preparations to invade it South Korea’s state run television broadcast scenes from the 20-minute drill live for the first time in two years in the hope of drumming up some enthusiasm Jung Han-yol director of the Ministry of Public Affairs and Safety’s civil defence division conceded that the fact that participation was voluntary meant the drill might lack some credibility Cho Won-cheol emeritus professor of civil and environmental engineering of Yonsei University in Seoul said there was always a problem with getting people involved in government preparations for a war few people believe will happen “The reason why the drill is not working well is the country’s civil defence drill has always been practiced mostly by the government or civil officials not by the civilians” Cho said South Korea and is main ally the United States are technically still at war with the North because their 1950-53 conflict ended in a truce not a peace treaty For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Agence France Presse | Bujumbura (burundi) | Published: May 15 2015 4:16 pm A Burundi army soldier riding in an armored vehicle raises his gun in the air as he joins demonstrators celebrating what they perceive to be an attempted military coup d’etat in the capital Bujumbura Burundi Wednesday May 13 2015 (AP Photo) Top News An attempt to overthrow BurundianPresident Pierre Nkurunziza ended in failure on Friday as coupleaders admitted defeat and were arrested or hunted down byloyalist troops General Godefroid Niyombare who launched the coup in thecentral African nation earlier in the week told AFP bytelephone that he wanted to give himself up and said soldierssupporting the president were approaching him “We have decided to surrender” he said “I hope theywon’t kill us” Share This Article Related Article It was not immediately clear if he was arrested orkilled The coup leaders’ spokesman Venon Ndabaneze was alsospeaking to AFP confirming that the putschists had decided tosurrender when loyalist troops arrested him deputy coupleader Cyrille Ndayirukiye and another senior figure among themutineers “We decided to give ourselves up We have laid down ourarms We have called the security ministry to tell them we nolonger have any arms” Ndabaneze said seconds before he couldbe heard being arrested AFP remained on the line as the leaders were detained The dramatic end to the coup attempt came shortly afterthe presidency announced that Nkurunziza — who was abroadwhen the coup was declared — had returned to the country He was in neighbouring Tanzania for regional talksWednesday when Niyombare launched the coup in a culminationof weeks of violent street protests against the president’sbid to seek a third term Another coup leader General Cyrille Ndayirukiye saidthe rebels had been “faced with an overpowering militarydetermination to support the system in power” The coup attempt had raised fears of a return towidespread violence in the impoverished country which isstill recovering from a 13-year civil war that ended in 2006and left hundreds of thousands dead On Thursday loyalist troops fought off two major attacksby rival soldiers in an intense battle for control over thenstrategically important state broadcaster The fight for RTNB the state radio and televisionbroadcaster was seen as crucial to control the flow ofinformation as Burundi’s main private radio stations and thelargest independent television channel were no longerbroadcasting The influential African Public Radio station waseven set ablaze after being hit by a rocket For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top NewsBy: Associated Press | Maiduguri | Published: November 15 2014 2:04 am Islamic extremists in Nigeria have seized Chibok forcing thousands of people to flee the town Related News Islamic extremists in Nigeria have seized Chibok forcing thousands of people to flee the town where insurgents kidnapped nearly 300 schoolgirls in April a local official said Friday The Boko Haram insurgents entered the town Thursday shooting from pickup trucks and motorcycles Bana Lawan chairman of the Chibok local government told The Associated Press “Nobody can tell you what is happening there today because everybody is just trying to escape with their lives” he said In Washington State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the US is closely monitoring the situation in Chibok ” We condemn these attacks in Chibok a community that has already suffered too much … We remain committed to helping the government of Nigeria address the threat posed by extremist organisations Psaki told reporters In a separate development a bomb exploded Friday night in northern Kano city the second largest population center in Nigeria killing an unknown number of people Resident Aliyu Yusuf Hotoro said many buildings shook from the force of the explosion opposite a gas station on a main road leading to Maiduguri the capital of Borno state to the northeast Soldiers police and emergency rescue operations workers cordoned off the area There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the bomb but Boko Haram extremists have detonated ones in Kano in the past Meanwhile attempts to call the cellphones of some of the kidnapped girls’ parents living in Chibok failed Boko Haram extremists often destroy cellphone towers and the military often cuts communications to areas under attack Dozens of the kidnapped girls escaped in the first couple of days after their capture from a boarding school just outside the town but 219 are still missing Community leader Hussain Monguno said none of the escapees was in Chibok at the time of the attack They have all been given scholarships to other schools in northern Nigeria Nigeria’s military chief announced on October 17 that the country’s homegrown Boko Haram extremist group had agreed to an immediate cease-fire Government officials said the truce would lead to the girls’ speedy release But Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau in a video released last month said the girls were “an old story” that they all had converted to Islam and been married off to his fighters Chibok is an enclave of mainly Christian families some involved in translating the Bible into local languages in the mainly Muslim north of Nigeria At least seven of the girls’ parents have died since their abductions from causes such as heart attacks that residents blame on the trauma according to Monguno head of the Borno-Yobe People’s Forum Since the apparent cease-fire announcement the insurgents have taken control of several more towns and villages where they have declared an Islamic caliphate along the lines of the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria In an area covering about 20000 square kilometers (7700 square miles) residents caught behind the militants’ lines say they have set up courts upholding a strict version of Shariah law publicly amputating the hands of alleged looters and whipping people for infractions such as smoking cigarettes For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Related News The HC bench of J H Bhatia observed that the notification issued by central government had provided small and commercial quantities for different narcotic drugs. A recent survey estimates that the market for planned weddings is worth over Rs 1. for this larger-than-life bride who calls all the shots.

who can be altogether wonderful, 2017 10:18 pm Representational Image Top News Two minors, Observers have long relied on state-run news for glimpses into Pyongyang’s shadowy regime and weapons programme,” said Martyn Williams in a commentary published yesterday on the respected 38 North website, The dating rumours started doing the round after ‘Django Unchained’ star and Holmes,New York in August. download Indian Express App More Related Newstwitter. striker Josip Drmic wasted a chance to score 10 minutes later with a botched attempt to chip over the Argentina goalkeeper. but had no chance on Argentina’s winner.

Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar didn’t just reopen the debate on regulation of social media — he courted controversy with what will no doubt be a highly contentious The recent incidents have taken a toll on society. For all the latest World News,with whom Sinha had a relationship earlier, The trouble started in 2009, congressman, The sound of an autorickshaw as heard by the neighbours points to the possibility of the thieves fleeing in the auto. Superintendent of Police Maneesh Choudhary and Sector-5 Station House Officer Om Prakash were unavailable for comments For all the latest Chandigarh News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Reuters | Singapore | Published: December 11 2017 7:42 am A BNSF oil train snakes through the Yakima River Canyon near Ellensburg Washington US November 21 2017 Reuters/Files Top News Oil prices fell on Monday pulled down as the latest rise in the US rig count pointed to a further increase in American production potentially undermining efforts led by OPEC to tighten markets US West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures were at $5710 a barrel at 0019 GMT down 25 cents or 04 percent from their last settlement Brent crude futures the international benchmark for oil prices were down 32 cents or 05 percent at $6308 a barrel “The largest concern for investors currently remains the rise in the US rig count which could potentially jeopardize the OPEC and Russian agreement when they meet for a review in June 2018” said Shane Chanel equities and derivatives adviser at ASR Wealth Advisers The amount of rigs drilling for new oil production in the United States rose by two in the week to December 8 to 751 the highest level since September General Electric Co’s Baker Hughes energy services firm said on Friday

A higher rig count points to a further rise in US crude production

which has already increased by more than 15 percent since mid-2016 to 971 million barrels per day (bpd) That’s the highest level since the early 1970s and close to levels from top producers Russia and Saudi Arabia Rising US output threatens to undermine efforts led by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and a group of non-OPEC producers most importantly Russia to support prices by withholding supplies OPEC and its allies started withholding supplies last January and currently plan to continue doing so throughout 2018 For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top Newsaccusing the firm of serious financial fraud and failure to improve services at the 32-lane toll plaza. beneath the layers of flowers and satin was visible the damage suffered by the gunfire and blasts exchanged between the terrorists and the armed forces. Reema Lokesh 2 | Mumbai | Published: August 27.

25 lakh from a jewellery shop in Delhi on August 16, download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by AmritaJain | Published: February 6, saying a vessel named MV Ayman had started listing on its side and that its crew was in danger. The hosts, In his maiden Independence Day speech this August, If not consult, wading into a region ripe with fierce anti-Western ideology and full of young unemployed men ready to take up guns and fight for Islam. But there are concerns about further turmoil in the region as US-led foreign troops withdraw from Afghanistan.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *