The seasonal Ocean City Trolley Service started July 1 and will operate through August 30.The service runs along the beach block of Ocean City from 59th Street to Battersea Road and provides easy access to the Ocean City Boardwalk and downtown shopping district without the hassles and cost of parking.Trolleys run in a continuous loop 15 minutes apart from 5 p.m. to midnight. Passengers can board at any corner along the route. Fares are $2.50 for adults and $1.50 for children (4 feet tall and under).Call 609-884-7392 for more information or visit gatrolley.com.
IndianaLocalMichiganNews Elkhart woman injured in t-bone crash in Porter Township (Photo supplied/Cass County Sheriff’s Office) An Elkhart woman was injured in a car crash in Porter Township.Cass County Sheriff’s deputies were called around 4:50 p.m. on Friday, June 12, to M-217 near Wayne Street where they found two vehicles involved in a t-bone crash.The investigation showed that one car, driven by an Elkhart man, was traveling southbound when the second car, driven by the Elkhart woman, had been traveling eastbound when they collided, according to the Cass County Sheriff’s Office.The woman was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital for treatment. Twitter By Jon Zimney – June 13, 2020 0 466 Google+ WhatsApp WhatsApp Twitter Pinterest Facebook Google+ Pinterest Previous articleCOVID-19 testing for anybody, any reason begins Monday in IndianaNext articleTwo Middlebury residents on scooter struck by pick-up truck, trailer Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney. Facebook
ZURICH (Reuters) – The umbrella organisation representing Europe’s domestic leagues is tired of breakaway threats, it said on Tuesday in response to a proposal to create a two-division world soccer league.The Financial Times and New York Times have reported that discussions led by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez have taken place over the possibility of setting up the league featuring the world’s richest clubs split into two divisions.The FT has reported that CVC Capital Partners and Gianni Infantino, president of soccer’s world governing body FIFA, are among those approached by Perez about a new league. FIFA has said that it always talks to stakeholders about finding the best solutions for the game and that it recently met with Real Madrid and other clubs to discuss the revamped Club World Cup. Real Madrid and CVC have not commented on the reports.“We are getting very tired of all the threats coming from a few rich clubs in football,” said European Leagues chairman Lars-Christer Olsson in a statement which did not mention Real Madrid by name. “Threats that they are going to break away from the football ecosystem as we know it and create their own private environment.”Olsson pointed out that 2019 had been “a year full of discussions around the future of professional club competitions.”Earlier this year, UEFA and the European Club Association (ECA) put forward a plan to turn the Champions League into a semi-closed competition from 2024 onwards. It was eventually dropped amid strong opposition. In 2016, there were multiple media reports that some big clubs had been discussing a breakaway Super League. Shortly afterwards, the format of the Champions League was changed to give more places to clubs from the biggest five leagues.Olsson said that the current pyramid system, which gives the smallest of teams a chance to climb their way up through the divisions, should remain intact. “The dream is alive, for clubs and players, girls and boys, that one day they may reach a professional level and they can even make it all the way to the top,” he said.“Professional club football is not a private business for a few where only the size of the pockets determines who is welcome.”“The solution is not a closed league at the top of the pyramid in Europe and certainly not a closed shop on top of the world where only a few of the richest clubs are invited.”
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error “We have nothing saying an officer was seen that day at that location,” Sidhu said Thursday morning.Also, the Los Angeles Sports Council is deciding whether to revoke Griffin’s Sportsman of the Year award he is slated to receive Feb. 25 in Beverly Hills.Mark Meyers, a spokesman for the organization, said council president David Simon has been speaking with the board about it.“There really is no decision at this moment, but we should know more in the next few days,” Meyers said.Griffin allegedly punched Testi inside the restaurant. When Testi left to go outside, Griffin followed and punched him again, leaving visible wounds to Testi’s face. The fallout hasn’t hit just yet, but it could be coming.A league source said the NBA is interviewing people with knowledge of the fight between the Clippers’ Blake Griffin and assistant equipment manager Matias Testi at a Toronto restaurant Saturday that resulted in Griffin suffering a fractured right hand.Griffin apparently is going to escape prosecution in Toronto as police there have not even taken an official report of the altercation.Jennifer Sidhu, a media relations officer for the Toronto Police Service, told this newspaper that she can’t even confirm news reports stating Griffin and Testi were interviewed by police after the incident. Meanwhile, the Clippers, who Friday night play host to the Lakers (9-38) at Staples Center, have displayed tremendous mettle. They lost at Toronto on Sunday, the day after the brawl that had yet to be reported.The news broke Tuesday morning, and the Clippers went out and won at Indiana that night and again at Atlanta on Wednesday.“Those may have been our two best wins of the season,” coach Doc Rivers said after his team beat the Hawks 85-83 at Philips Arena in Atlanta. “With all the stuff going on, it’s the last game on a road trip, plus the fact we couldn’t make a shot. There were so many reasons for us to say, ‘We’re tired.’”The Clippers shot just 38.8 percent Wednesday and a poor 18.5 percent (5 of 27) from 3-point range.But, as the saying goes, if there’s a will, there’s a way. The Clippers had the will, sixth-man Jamal Crawford said.“I think adversity not only builds character, it reveals it,” he said. “For us, we’ll not only continue to grow and have each other’s back, we’ll continue to move forward.”Griffin had already been out since Christmas with a partially torn left quad tendon. He likely would have returned at either Indiana or Atlanta had he not fractured his hand.The team can’t worry about that, point guard Chris Paul intimated after the win at Indiana.“We compete on a nightly basis and coming into a game, regardless of who suits up, we expect to win,” he said.The Clippers (30-16) have gone 13-3 in Griffin’s absence. He will likely not return until around the beginning of March as the hand injury is expected to keep him out from four to six more weeks.Rivers isn’t sure Griffin will be back even then.“Well, we just have to,” Rivers said, when asked how his team overcomes this on the court. “I always say four to six weeks with a broken hand is unrealistic, I’ll tell you that; that’s my opinion.“We don’t talk about injuries or guys that aren’t playing. We just don’t. That’s a policy of mine. We talk about the guys who are going to play and so we have to figure it out. We are in a tough conference. We have kind of clawed our way up to the spot we’re in right now and now we’ve gotta keep clawing.”The Clippers are fourth in the Western Conference standings. As of Thursday afternoon, they were four games behind Oklahoma City and four games ahead of Memphis.